Seize every opportunity to make the most of your education.
College is a time for discovery. Pushing boundaries. And welcoming new ideas. Thanks to a diverse group of minors, you’ll have a chance to chase your interests wherever they take you.
- Personalize your career path
- Explore two different areas
- Connect related subjects
- Expand your marketability
- Stand out among other job candidates
Thinking of adding a minor? Planning ahead is always best. Here’s what you need to know.
- As a bachelor-degree student, you may earn up to two minors.
- Twelve or 13 of your 18-21 required credits, depending on the minor, must be completed at Penn College and taken at the 200 level or higher.
- You may not enroll in a minor within the same discipline as your declared major (including a dual degree).
- A minor can be declared any time before registering for your final semester.
- All coursework applied to a minor must be completed with a grade of 'C' (2.0) or higher.
- Pass/fail courses cannot be applied toward a minor.
- Bachelor-degree graduates may re-enroll up to two years after graduation to complete a minor.
- Successfully completed minors will appear on your official college transcripts.
Accounting & Finance
Pair accounting skills with your major area of study and open new career possibilities. (online friendly)
Masterfully manage money and you’ll be in demand across industries of all types and sizes. (online friendly)
Specialize in lending informed insight and lead your organization or clients to new heights. (online friendly)
Business & Leadership
Hone the leadership and communication skills that’ll push you to the top of your trade. (online friendly)
Bring analytical skills to the table and you’ll quickly become an asset in your future career.
Become a successful leader and your opportunities for advancement are endless. (online friendly)
Add a minor in Management and be the force that takes your organization to new heights. (online friendly)
Small Business Management & Entrepreneurship
Follow your dream of launching or managing a small business and shape the skills to make it happen.
Communication & Marketing
Become a successful communicator and naturally rise to the top of your field.
Get experience with digital marketing and gain a competitive edge in the marketplace.
Pair the power of marketing with your area of study and amplify your career options.
Flex your creativity with a minor that complements a host of business and art-related majors.
Create your company website, launch an online business, or boost your resume with web development skills.
Expand your knowledge base by specializing in the materials, methods, and technologies that bring buildings to life.
Engineering Design Technology
Learn the technical aspects of the design process and open the door to more opportunities in your field.
Introduce all types of design solutions that improve and enhance everyday life.
Information Assurance & Cyber Security
Enhance your IT skillset by learning how to protect vital information assets and prevent security threats.
Use the latest testing technologies to evaluate, analyze, and gain insight into your area of specialization.
Gain the analytical and technical skills needed to create applications.
Preserve tomorrow’s resources by incorporating sustainable design concepts into all aspects of your career.
Science, History & Math
Add a minor in biology and explore the amazing realm of living organisms.
Embrace a broader perspective that lends insight across nearly every discipline.
Sharpen your problem solving skills and master advanced level math.