To broaden intellectual perspectives; develop critical thinking, problem-solving, communication, and technical skills; foster ethical sensibilities; and promote social awareness through general education and career-focused courses and degrees.
- Provide hands-on and/or active learning experiences in applying knowledge to real-world scenarios to prepare students for careers in their chosen fields.
- Work with industry partners and experts to maintain curriculum relevance and foster skill development that is current and essential.
- Support and encourage continued professional development opportunities for faculty and staff to maintain and increase the relevance of the courses and services provided within the School.
- Advocate student progression toward successful degree completion and their realization of the “Whole-College Experience” by coordinating with other divisions of the College, promoting academic support services, encouraging participation in extracurricular organizations and programming, and supporting best practices for academic advising.
- Seek external funding sources that support academic and extramural opportunities for students.